Some people say happiness is not a destination but a process. I believe happiness is both a destination and a process.
The secret to happiness is contentment. You may have heard it a million times but its true. Once you believe it and willing to work towards contentment, happiness will follow.
Contentment can be viewed as a result. And in order to achieve this result, actions are required. Knowledge and practices are required.
There are many ways to achieve contentment.
- Adopting minimalism
- Think of 3 happy thoughts every morning
- Everyday, think of 1 thing you are grateful for
- Manage your finance well
- Hug your family everyday
- Grow a plant
- Take your kids out to the park or the beach every weekend
- Greet everyone, everyday
- Feel happy for others
- Help someone
- Read motivational books
- Follow positive content on social media
- Adopt a vegan lifestyle
- Walk your dog
- Tell your partner you love them everyday
How many of the above are you doing?
Do you have other ways to share?
Are you happy or sad most of the time?
Are you putting in the effort to achieve contentment? If not, are you willing to try?